Courtesy of Michael Johansson, visit him here for more information and licensing his photos.
Michael Johansson: I took this photo of Metallica in Birmingham (England) back in August 1985. They were there for a couple of day rehearsing before Donington (Monsters of Rock).
As usual we had some of the latest issues of the magazine with us, Lars was not impressed with the Wahlgren siblings. And when I say 'we' I don't mean AT and I. AT had deserted to another Swedish magazine (Rocket) and I was doing most jobs with reporter Stefan Johansson.
No, not related. No, not related to Jens or Anders either... We are all called Johansson in Sweden... Ask the chat...
This photo was taken 6 beers before James ran after the old lady...
Funny fact... Rolling Stone magazine used this photo also. With them holding the OKEJ magazine... 🙂
And it was used in a Metallica book 'Back to the Front' a few years ago...
Actually, I now remember a couple of those 'running after the old lady' photos were also used in that book...
/ Michael Johansson (saguaro.se)
My notes: AT is a Swedish Music Journalist, named Anders Tegner. Okej Magazine was Sweden biggest music magazine in the 80's.
