Courtesy of Michael Johansson, visit him here for more information and licensing his photos.
Michael Johansson: Salme Oja won the Swedish TV program 'Kvitt eller dubbelt' in late 1986 at the age of 17, with the hard rock band KISS as the topic. In addition to the prize money of 48000 sek (7000 usd back then), she also got to travel to the USA to meet the band with AT and myself. These meetings took place in July 1987.
I think AT had flown over to the US a day or so earlier as I have a slight memory that Salme and I flew together and AT picked us up at LAX. We were late as we had some emergency landing in either Anchorage or Seattle. Back then most flights went over the North Pole.
During the days she was with us she got to meet Paul and Gene in Los Angeles and then Ace in NYC.
I think she and AT went and saw Duran Duran also, I didn't go.
And she got to meet Black n Blue ...
Quite a good price she won 🙂
I think she lives in the NY area these days...
/ Michael Johansson (saguaro.se)
.jpg)